Saturday, March 5, 2011

Upcoming races in Dallas

As I'm getting into my routine here in Dallas, I needed to sign up for a few races. I found some great ones in March:
  • St. Paddy's Day 5k on Greenville Ave - Saint Patrick's Day in Dallas is INSANE. Next Saturday, March 12th, there's a parade down Greenville Ave and drinking all day starting at 8:00am. The street is lined (for like 3-4 mi) with tents of people tailgating, tons of restaurants hosting parties and lots of drunk wanderers. Really it's an all day party. So some friends and I will kick off the day with a 5k at 8:30am (I heard last year everyone stopped a few times during the run to chug green beers), then the parade is at 11:00am, followed by all day and night drinking. Very excited for this non-competitive run!
  • Dallas Rock n Roll Half Marathon Relay - I wish I was ready for a half marathon but I'm definitely not. When Taylor asked if I wanted to do the relay half, I knew it would be the perfect chance to get a race in this spring, and have a great runner on my team. Our team name is "All Rock No Rolls" (note to self: start doing crunches) and my registered name is "Chief Redman" (thanks, Tay!). This is the last weekend in March...right after spending a week at a tradeshow - my feet are going to hate me. But this should be another great race!
I'm realizing I won't be signing up for a half this spring so I'm keeping an eye out for a 1/2 this fall to register for. Open to recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment